- growth, leadership, mentorship
The Walnut Club believes in enhancing the lives of our members and bringing women together in ways where all can benefit from the experience. We also believe in doing our part in leveling the playing field for women in business. To put these beliefs into action, we created an in-house Mentorship Program that will match up some of Philadelphia’s most accomplished professionals with our club’s emerging leaders.
We understand that mentoring relationships are life changing, and will add value to our members lives through accountability, self-revelations, exchange of ideas — harnessing their internal drive to help transform their career paths.
The Walnut Club’s proprietary pilot Mentorship Program begins December, 2016 and ends June, 2017. Our program differentiates itself from other mentorship programs in three distinct ways:
- We offer the mentee a detailed DISC assessment coaching session prior to beginning the program to understand their communication preferences;
- Ongoing and unlimited free access to tools & resources such as our learning library;
- Additional learning opportunities with priority access to speaker events and workshops that directly correlate to The Walnut Club’s core values: Life-Long Learning, Personal Development, Self-Mentorship, and Leadership. From learning how to brand your LinkedIn Profile to crafting your perfect elevator pitch, we offer an array of skill building and professionally enriching workshops and programming.
The Walnut Club has secured an impressive line-up of 10 mentors (both men and women) that hold high ranking leadership positions in varying industries throughout the Philadelphia region. A few of our mentors are listed HERE. These mentors will provide feedback and help dictate the evolution of the program enhancements ensuring a successful, official launch in the fall of 2017.
Our mentorship program will accomplish two main goals:
- Help companies help bridge the leadership gap by better preparing emerging and middle-management women to step up and take on more leadership roles. Ultimately get more women represented at the table.
- Offer members with an exceptional, enriching experience that will add value to their lives both professionally and personally. It is our hope that mentees who “graduate” from the program will be inspired to one day contribute to the program by being a mentor themselves.
“Mentoring is a brain to pick, an ear to listen, and a push in the right direction.”
– John C. Crosby